Road Trip To Meghalaya
Trip dates - 7 to 13 September
15 to 22 September
Trip price - Rs.25,000 (inclusive of GST)
Detailed Trip Itinerary
We’ll pick you up from Guwahati Airport by the afternoon and slowly plummet up the hills of Meghalaya. We will have lunch on the way and reach Mawphlang by evening. We will spend the next two days in cottages at this most gorgeous countryside 25 kms from Shillong. Mawphlang is one of the sacred forests in the East Khasi Hills, and one of the best places to witness the breathtaking natural scenery that Meghalaya has to offer.
Distance : 120 km
After breakfast at the homestay in Mawphlang we will spend the rest of the day outdoors. We will go on a hike through the famous David Scott trail that starts from Mawphlang and helps you explore the surrounding areas. This horse cart trail was once used to travel from Cherrapunji to Bangladesh.
After an early breakfast at Mawphlang we head to Sohra (earlier known as Cherrapunji). The day will be spent sightseeing around Sohra where numerous waterfalls, scenic spots and mysterious caves await you. We will start the day by visiting the Ramkrishna Mission Museum at Sohra to give you insight into the local history. Ahead on this drive we will visit Mawsmai and Arwah Caves, spend the afternoon exploring Dainthlen and Wei Sawdong waterfall and end the day with the view of the mighty Nohkalikai Falls. We will spend the night at our guest house in Sohra.
Distance : 25 kms approx
We start the day early and leave for Nongriat right after breakfast. The whole day will be dedicated to the much-talked about hike to the double-decker root bridges in Nongriat. We will descend to Nongriat village through 3000 steps along the beautiful forest trail crossing multiple root bridges and suspension bridges. The hike promises gorgeous rewards in terms of scenic beauty and this will surely be one of the highlights of your experience in Meghalaya. We will spend the night at a resort in Tyrna.
We wake up to the view of beautiful waterfalls and head out after breakfast to explore Dawki and Shnongpdeng in West Jaintia Hills. Dawki is known for the clear turquoise waters and guests can enjoy boating here. We will also visit the India-Bangladesh border close to Dawki. View of the Krang Suri waterfall is another highlight of the day. By the end of the day we will reach Mawlynnong, regarded as the Cleanest Village of Asia. We will spend the night in cottages here..
After breakfast today, we explore Mawlynnong. This small village offers great long walks through the beautiful green forest surrounding the village. We will visit the root bridge in Mawlynnong and take a hike to the Bangladesh Viewpoint. By late lunchtime we will reach Shillong. It’s a free roam for guests in Shillong to enjoy shopping and enjoy local cuisines. We will help our guests with recommendations.
Post breakfast in Shillong we will drive to Guwahati.
• Cost of airfare to and from Guwahati is not included.
• Please reach Guwahati by noon on the first day of the trip. We will start our drive to Mawphlang soon after.
• Your return flight from Guwahati should depart post 4pm on the last day of the trip.
• Cost of three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are inclusive for 6 days. Cost of meals are not covered in Shillong. Cost of alcohol is not inclusive.
• Food is available for the trip based on preference of vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
• You will be travelling in a group of 6-7 people.
• We will stay at guest houses and homestays run by locals, and the rooms will be on twin or triple sharing basis.
You'll be allotted a room according to your comfort.
• Please carry all personal medication (if any).
• Trip does not include any cost arisen due to any unforeseen circumstances such as natural disaster like
landslides, roadblocks, etc.
Click here to read reviews from our guests.